Saturday, June 9, 2012

Struck by Black Rain, Chaper 4 is (finally) done!

After a long hiatus due to moving to a new apartment, illness, and various other real-life inconveniences, I'm pleased to announce that Chapter 4 of Struck by Black Rain is finished. You can pick it up here.

I enjoyed this chapter much more than the previous one. The characters were more interesting and sympathetic. I admit I teared up near the end. Also, a quick note on the chapter title. In Japanese it's 黒い蝿の叫び声に or "By/To/In the Scream of the Black Fly". However, I removed the preposition when translating the title, because in English it's meaningless without a verb attached.

I would guess the full title is supposed to be "Shaken by the Scream of the Black Fly" or something similar, but it's just a guess. So I went with "The Scream of the Black Fly" instead.

Anyway, I hope to have chapter 5 our relatively soon. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your hard work.
Do you know where to find the raw volume of this? I can't find anywhere, except amazon.jp.

Eien Ni Hen said...

I got my copy at a swap meet at a Japanese school about 12 years ago, so I have no clue if the manga is even still in print.

Some online manga vendors will take special requests, but given how old Black Rain is, I would say amazon.jp is your best bet. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

You can certainly see your expertise in the paintings you write.

Anonymous said...


Woh I enjoy your articles, bookmarked!

Anonymous said...


Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something.

Anonymous said...


I love what youve got to say.